It was handed down from his Grandma and possibly farther in his family tree, but we do not yet know if it was from his mother's or his father's side. Benny's Grandma had passed it on to him in the pilot film when she first informs him of his magical heritage.
Being a spellbook which has most of its content in Latin, the spells will not work right if the Spellmaster has a lack of practice and tendency to mispronounce the words or not use the language correctly. We have learned that on many occasions, thanks to Benny's many mistakes with Latin pronunciation. This is also evident when Jane had once used it to try and cast a repair spell in order to fix her broken doll, but accidentally turned it into a living being in Guys and Dolls. That was caused by her saying a different type of spell. The user can also cause their book to disappear. Benny caused that to happen the first time he used it in the movie.
- Cententium Neofetus Na- Causes the user's spell book to disappear.
- Alpress Alnock Katran- Calls forth a bolt of lightning.
- Subsistoris o lemi mark
- Glondo Fram Formundo Vella
- Odda Modda Beda Naw
- Domlaff Lupus Garganot
- Triggerus Chilliusad
- Corvis Trigon
- Doorus Openus - Fake spell when Benny tried to open the door to the blood truck to save Rory and Erica
- Medicaids Arminac Slagor Slagan- Love potion
- Oblivio--memnath Obliviartic Kaput - Erases a recent memory
- Secantos Delthorum Recantos Elthor - attracts and traps Inspira Mortis/Breath of Death into witch-bottle
- Permock Abnar Bennynotrath Keyvento Morchuos Abnar bennynotrath- Make someone do what ever you say
- Sominom Viscathra Arboth Somnar- Knocks someone unconcious for five min.
- Zacaroth Maznacaroth- unleashes a soul's energy
- Technalolos Gremnar Gremnath
- Inspira mortis- Breath of Death
- Osiris Mortus Shamus organic make the vampires disappear make them never come alive make the go to- Erases a memory
- Lebor Halam
- Gluthar Glothar Glipthar
- Bular bulla warrena sadas