“Fanged and Furious”
Season 2, Episode 3
|Canada air date||
September 20, 2012
|U.S. air date||
July 20, 2012
"Fanged and Furious" is episode 3 of season 2 of My Babysitter's a Vampire, and the 16th episode overall. It first aired on Disney Channel in the United States on July 20, 2012, and September 20, 2012 on Teletoon in Canada.
When Ethan receives his learner's permit and wants to buy a car to impress Sarah.But Turns out, the car he buys is possessed by a vampire who causes the vehicle to attack Bruner descendants. Ethan, Benny, and the gang must figure out why and stop it.
When Ethan receives his learner’s permit and is eager to buy a car so he can practice driving with Sarah. Since he’s low on cash, Benny takes him to a yard sale (run by their classmate, Malcolm), where they look over a rusty but cheap car. When Ethan sits behind the wheel, he gets a vision of a burning family emblem and sees a man laughing in the backseat saying, “revenge”. Though Ethan leaves without purchasing the car, it’s sitting outside of his house when Sarah comes over. While they’re out driving, Malcolm runs into the street, accusing Ethan of stealing the car. The car suddenly takes over and although Ethan tries to regain control, Malcolm is injured.
The next day, everyone at school thinks Ethan purposely tried to run over Malcolm. Ethan tries to convince Sarah and Erica that the car’s possessed but they don’t believe him. He and Benny do some research and find out that it was built by a vampire named Jacob , who stole the blood-fueled car back from his ex-employer, Manfred Bruner, and died after driving it into a wooden fence (hence the desire for revenge against the Bruner line). Ethan lures Richard, a Bruner descendant, over to his house and Benny knocks him out with a spell to keep him out of danger. Ethan takes some of his blood to attract the bloodthirsty car (guess that nursing course he took cured his fear of needles) and Rory, dressed as Richard and carrying his blood, leads the car into a warehouse, where they eventually manage to stake it.
- Matthew Knight as Ethan Morgan
- Vanessa Morgan as Sarah
- Atticus Dean Mitchell as Benny Weir
- Cameron Kennedy as Rory
- Kate Todd as Erica
- Timber Masterson as Ghostly Mechanic
- Scott Beaudin as Malcolm Bruner
- Brodie Sanderson as Derek
- Trevor Coll as Richard Bruner
- The title is a spoof on the film series, Fast and Furious.
- The working title for this episode was "Evil Car".
- A rough draft of the script from this episode was leaked onto the internet.
- Ethan's car used in this episode comes from the Ford Motor Company.
- Ethan's car is a 1967 Ford Galaxy 500XL convertible.
- This episode has resemblances with John Carpenter's Christine film.
The image gallery for Fanged and Furious may be viewed here.